1 March 2006

First eight weeks

Getting better - outperformed the FTSE AllShare by nearly 3%, and have edged above £30,000 total gains for the year so far. This despite a massive fall in one of my largest holdings - Northern Recruitment Group - to which I've responded (typically) by buying more.* However, I've been much assisted by the steady and strong rises experienced by my largest and 3rd largest holdings, Highway Insurance and SCS Upholstery. The latter was an interesting example of where a significant purchase of shares by SCS's Finance Director at a low-point of about 305p in late-July 2005** has been followed by an above 55% rise in price to 475p within 7 months.


* Investment tip - if some investment professional tells you never to average down .. then, they're rubbish ... the type who'll always advise to buy high and sell low (it's better the other way round!).

** I, of course, topped up substantially upon this news (that was the buy low part! ... I haven't sold any, yet).

No comments: