2 August 2007

July: Even Wetter and More Turbulent

Lucky enough to be out of Birmingham most of July and, thus, missed most of the biblical rain experienced here and in the West of England. But the market turbulence got me, and I'm £30,000+ lighter at the end of the month. Nevertheless who wouldn't be pleased with this end-of-the-month summary of relative performance so far in 2007:

Me: +8.0%
FTSE100: +3.7%
FTSESmallCap: +2.3%

Luckily I had some cash when I got back and on 29 July I bought £50k+ of shares. I reckon at this level there are bargains around. My buys were: FTSE100Index (£37k), Northern Rock (Mortgage Bank), more Bellway (housebuilder), Glaxo (Pharmaceuticals). During the month I took some profits on Miners, Antofagasta and BHP Billiton. I hope to update on my portfolio's top holdings shortly.

No comments: